- lying about God to your kids (advocating radical epistemological honesty with children)
- it's just one day, man (a rallying cry for those who, like me, fear "til death do us part")
- in which i un-ironically like something from the Christian subculture (Rich Mullins was the man)
- Walter Scott and the Big, White Lie (an expression of anger and grief over yet another racially-driven shooting)
- "girls get uglier as they get older" (in which I yell "NO!" at a seven-year-old for his articulation of the youth/beauty=value equation of our culture)
- the Comparison Cancer (on the destructive effects of forgetting to just be you)
- EVERYTHING IS BROKEN/EVERYTHING WILL BE OK (a meandering contemplation on art-making and the perceived need for accomplishment)
- today we are obliged to be romantic (an epic poem I constructed for my at-the-time fiancee from the first lines of thirty of the world's most popular romantic poems)
- Fake Sex Stories (on our cultural obsession with a false view of sex)
- Kill the K-Cup (in which I bemoan this reprehensible, environmentally wicked practice)
- FICTION FRIDAY: "Dotty" (in which I challenged readers to finish a story I'd started)
- AMERICAN SNIPER (a review)
- Disaster at the Chicken Express! (on the disconnect moderns feel between meat-eating and the animals they're eating)
- Prisencolinensinaincausol (on David Foster Wallace)
- Minecrafting a Giant (about my son's obsession w/ Minecraft)
- Story of a Josh (a brief Artist's autobiography)
Friday, January 1, 2016
15 Most Popular posts of 2015
From the most recent on back...
SOME POSTS THAT'VE BEEN POPULAR, RECENTLY...
Abraham Lincoln. Ernest Hemingway. Leo Tolstoy. Reese Witherspoon. Mark Twain. Robin Williams. David Foster Wallace. Evelyn Waugh. Owen Wil...
There's a class of Americans that makes its living trafficking in sincerity. This class wears a mantle of pomposity while simultane...
I am writing to apologize for my behavior last Sunday. I want you to know that I am not normally one of those guys who acts like an idio...
The most frustrating thing about living in these insane times is the number of lovely, kind-hearted people I know who don't (won'...
Growing up Protestant-Christian, I was taught that one of the most important verses in the Bible was II Timothy 3:16, which says that "...