- lying about God to your kids (advocating radical epistemological honesty with children)
- it's just one day, man (a rallying cry for those who, like me, fear "til death do us part")
- in which i un-ironically like something from the Christian subculture (Rich Mullins was the man)
- Walter Scott and the Big, White Lie (an expression of anger and grief over yet another racially-driven shooting)
- "girls get uglier as they get older" (in which I yell "NO!" at a seven-year-old for his articulation of the youth/beauty=value equation of our culture)
- the Comparison Cancer (on the destructive effects of forgetting to just be you)
- EVERYTHING IS BROKEN/EVERYTHING WILL BE OK (a meandering contemplation on art-making and the perceived need for accomplishment)
- today we are obliged to be romantic (an epic poem I constructed for my at-the-time fiancee from the first lines of thirty of the world's most popular romantic poems)
- Fake Sex Stories (on our cultural obsession with a false view of sex)
- Kill the K-Cup (in which I bemoan this reprehensible, environmentally wicked practice)
- FICTION FRIDAY: "Dotty" (in which I challenged readers to finish a story I'd started)
- AMERICAN SNIPER (a review)
- Disaster at the Chicken Express! (on the disconnect moderns feel between meat-eating and the animals they're eating)
- Prisencolinensinaincausol (on David Foster Wallace)
- Minecrafting a Giant (about my son's obsession w/ Minecraft)
- Story of a Josh (a brief Artist's autobiography)
Friday, January 1, 2016
15 Most Popular posts of 2015
From the most recent on back...
SOME POSTS THAT'VE BEEN POPULAR, RECENTLY...
Lately I've been vacillating between despair and anger at the Great Unveiling. Yes, yes indeed. The prophets and artists have been...
It doesn't snow often where I live, but when it does... oooooh, boy! My wife heads out into the blizzard. One of those show-off...
In 2016 I lost a bunch of screenwriting contests to a woman named Geeta Malik. A woman who isn't just a win-everything sorta person (the...
I am writing to apologize for my behavior last Sunday. I want you to know that I am not normally one of those guys who acts like an idio...
I keep trying to write something new about the current Washington Tire Fire, but every time I start typing I can feel my fistulous withers s...